Search little miss sweetie

Friday 22 June 2012

Potato Chip Cookie


As soon as I saw this recipe in the July issue of Martha Stewart Living, I knew I had to make it.  I mean, right away.  As a matter of fact, I did.  I closed my iPad instantly, before finishing the rest of the magazine, ran to 7-Eleven across the street to buy potato chips, then ran back home to make it.  I didn't care that I had a horrible sinus infection and was still running a fever.  I didn't care that it was pouring rain.  I didn't even care that I had a severely sore throat that I couldn't thoroughly enjoy my creations.  It was two of my utmost favorite things, cookies and chips, melded together in the most unlikely union.  I had to give it a go!



Results?  Even with an achingly sore throat and totally useless taste buds, they were divine.  I'm just kicking myself for not thinking of this sooner!


Potato Chip Cookies
makes about 18
From Martha Stewart Living, July 2012

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
4 cups coarsely crushed salted potato chips
1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Beat together butter and sugars with a mixer on high speed until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.



Add vanilla and eggs, and beat on medium speed until just combined.



Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat on low speed until just combined.  Stir in 2 cups potato chips and the nuts.



Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and then roll balls in remaining potato chips to coat.



Place cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake until golden, 18-20 minutes.  Let cool completely on baking sheet.



Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 5 days.









No comments:

Post a Comment